[laptop-mode] systemd support?

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 08:17:37 CET 2011

On Thu, 2011-03-03 at 12:34 +0530, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
> On 03/03/2011 04:34 AM, Ng Oon-Ee wrote:
> > Currently laptop-mode is generally run/controlled by a traditional
> > sysvinit script (in /etc/rc.d or /etc/init.d depending on which system
> > you're running). Are there any plans to add a parallel
> > laptop-mode.service in /lib/systemd/system for systemd users (FC15
> > etc.)?
> I haven't looked into systemd yet but systemd should run lmt fine in
> compatibility mode. No?

Yes it does. Compatibility mode basically just calls the script with
start/stop parameters, therefore support for those basic functionalities
is pretty much 100% (of course you lose /etc/init.d/laptop-mode status,
but nvm that).

It would of course be preferable to have native support, for efficiency
reasons primarily (boot-speed increase for example), but also so running
laptop-mode doesn't involve a whole bunch of bash scripts being run.